Losing weight can be fun. If you’re already eating healthy you are well on your way to getting the body you want. In addition to healthy eating, boost your activity level this summer to help burn even more calories.
While eating right is the best way to start shedding pounds, boosting your activity level can help you get even better results. Try the following activities around Orlando this summer to help you be more active and burn more calories.
TOURIST TYPE ATTRACTIONS
Of course the major theme parks are always a good way to get on your feet for a day but try these off-the-beaten path parks as well for a good time. Just make sure you don’t indulge in the unhealthy food options at the parks.
- Silver Springs Nature Park . Check out the wildlife, enjoy a petting zoo and visit an alligator farm.
- Screamin’ Gator Zip Line at Gatorland . Take some time to walk Gatorland then get ready for some heart-pounding adventure with 1,200 feet of high-flying zip-lining adventure.
LOCAL PARKS FOR OUTDOOR FUN
- Harry P. Leu Gardens . Spend time roaming around this 50-acre botantical oasis that is only minutes from downtown Orlando.
- Wekiva Island & Wekiwa Springs State Park . Located in Apopka, Wekiwa Springs State Park offers swimming in cool spring waters, canoeing (which you can launch from Wekiva Island), and 13 miles of trails that are perfect for biking or hiking.
- Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens . Not only can you see 400 animals at the zoo, you can also take to the sky and enjoy the aerial adventure course.
- Kelly Park, Rock Springs . This 248-acre park offers swimming, tubing, camping, and hiking.
- Lake Eola, Hike around the lake, visit the farmer’s market on the weekend and try your legs at paddling a swan boat around the lake.
- Cady Way Park & Trail. Go for a leisurely bike ride, rollerblade glide or walk or run on the trail. Great fun for the entire family.
- AirHeads Trampoline Arena . This is a great way to spend time with the family, jump into a game of dodgeball or burn up to 1,000 during one of their TrampoLean Fitness classes.
- Hard Knocks Indoor Laser Tag . The perfect rainy day activity that helps you burn calories. Suitable for all age levels.
This summer, get out an explore Orlando. Get active. You’ll burn more calories than lounging by the pool and have a lot of fun. Plus, you’ll be boosting your weight loss efforts.
And if you’d like more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, make smarter food choices and lose weight, contact Calla Slimspa today!
We’ve helped thousands of local Orlando residents lose weight and keep it off with our medically supervised weight loss program. But don’t take our word, check out our real patient weight loss success stories .
photo courtesy of Gatorland