Orlando Weight Loss Program
Phases and Benefits of Our Weight Loss Plan
Excessive weight can not only be uncomfortable; it can be a threat to your health, as well. Being overweight is associated with a number of health concerns, including joint pain, diabetes, heart disease, and hypertension. At Calla Slimspa Medical weight loss center located in Winter Park, FL, we offer a variety of weight loss programs to customize your experience and achieve the results you want. Each plan is overseen by a doctor to ensure you are reaching your weight loss goals in the healthiest way possible.
Keto-Based Diet Plans at Our Winter Park Weight Loss Center
Calla Slimspa’s three-phase weight loss program utilizes a combination of diet, exercise, and FDA-approved medications and supplements to help you achieve your goals, centered on a ketogenic-based diet. The customized ketogenic-based diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that can lead to weight loss, especially in combination with exercise and our other weight loss techniques at Calla Slimspa.
- During the first phase of our weight loss program, you’ll receive a physical examination, blood work, EKG, and body composition analysis. These tools will help your Calla Slimspa doctor create the perfect everyday keto-based diet meal plan that includes both home-cooked meals and meals at local restaurants. If you are a vegetarian, there’s no need to worry—our program can incorporate vegetarian diet plans to ensure you can achieve weight loss while sticking to the lifestyle you love.
- Throughout phase two, you’ll be losing weight and working your way toward better health. Your doctor will monitor your body composition and carefully increase your physical activity regiment while tapering your medications as necessary. We will also teach you how to use the “Zone” to maintain your weight loss goals once you have completed the weight loss program.
- Phase three of our weight loss program is the maintenance phase. We offer continuing monthly visits, personalized advice and tips, weekly injections, and weekly weigh-ins to keep you at your final goal weight.
Looking for more information? Contact us today!
Benefits of Weight Loss
Losing just 5-10% of your body weight can profoundly change the way you feel and your overall health. Just a small amount of weight loss can reduce or even eliminate the need for many medications, including those for blood pressure, diabetes, hypertension, and asthma. If your goal is to lose a larger amount of weight, achieving small weight loss goals along the way can help you stay motivated as you notice positive changes in your health almost immediately. Weight loss can help you
- Reverse or prevent diabetes
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce bad cholesterol in the blood
- Improve sleep disorders, including sleep apnea
- Reduce arthritis pain
- Lower your risk for heart disease, stroke, and cancer
Call 407-644-7546 today to learn more about keto-based diet plans!
FAQs About Ketogenic-Based Diets
What is a keto-based diet?
Keto-based diets are our main weight loss program due to their proven effectiveness for many clients. The keto-based diet is centered on balancing protein intake with low levels of carbohydrates and healthy fat consumption. While many diets have long focused on fat as an enemy, consuming healthy fats can actually boost weight loss and improve your overall health.
How does it work?
On a keto-based diet, the reduction in the amount of carbohydrates you’re eating puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis. Ketosis is a natural state that is extremely effective at producing energy directly from fat. During this process, your body will produce ketones from fat, using those ketones for energy instead of relying on the carbs you typically consume in higher amounts. By reducing carbohydrate and glucose intake, you can spur your body to shift to ketosis, allowing it to consume fat for energy for the body and brain. Ketosis can also lower blood sugar and insulin levels.
What will I eat?
Some of the most common foods included in keto-based diet meal plans are meat, fish, eggs, cheese, healthy oils, avocados, and low-carb vegetables. You will, in turn, need to eliminate any foods that are high in carbohydrates, such as breads, pasta, alcohol, root vegetables, fruit, and sugary foods. At Calla Slimspa, we will tailor your keto-based diet meal plan to your specific needs, considering factors like whether you are vegetarian and what version of the keto-based diet is best for your lifestyle.
How will you decide on my keto-based diet meal plan?
During the first phase of our weight loss program, our experts conduct a physical examination and discuss your lifestyle and goals with you. We will utilize that information to develop a personalized keto-based diet meal plan for your needs, incorporating home-cooked meals and meals at local restaurants alike so you have the best opportunity to follow through on the meal plan.
There are several different types of keto-based diet meal plans available. Our team will work to determine the most effective plan for your needs, focusing on balancing your intake of protein, healthy fats, and low carbohydrates. The high amount of protein in these diets helps keep you feeling full, so you don’t need to worry about counting calories.
How effective are keto-based diets?
The balance of protein, healthy fats, and low carbs in a keto-based diet has proven to be effective in weight loss. The balance of these three assists in improved energy and lowered blood sugar levels, which are key factors that lead to effective weight loss and reduced disease risk factors.
Results and statements depicted on the website are typical but not guaranteed. The success of the program is dependent upon multiple factors including the patient’s commitment to the diet program, the response of the patient’s body to the diet program, the length of time on the program, and the inclusion of exercise while on the program. While the majority of our patients do achieve their desired weight loss goals, every patient responds differently to the program.