You’re going to LOVE this healthy recipe that is packed with protein and healthy fats. The zesty lime shrimp recipe is a great addition for any summer day in Florida. Or all year long since it rarely gets under 80 degrees and this makes for a refreshing and zesty salad.
Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad Healthy Recipe
- 1 lb. jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 medium Hass avocado, diced
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 small limes juice
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomatoes and jalapeno.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Entire recipe: 4 servings of 1 cup each = 4 proteins and 1 veggie
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Seared Shrimp with Tomato, Lime and Avocado
- Fresh Crab Salad
- Simmered Chicken and Zucchini
- Arugula and Feta Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Recipe modified from KeepRecipes.com Zesty Lime Shrimp.