Weight training offers a variety of health benefits in addition to building muscle and helping burn additional fat. Check out the stats below on weight training and the infographic below about the benefits of interval training and how to implement it into your schedule.
- Only 17% of American women get enough weight training
- Only 23% of men do enough lifting
- Pumping iron just twice a week can reduce your overall body fat by 3% in 10 weeks
- Women who did an hour of strength training burned about 100 calories more the day following their workout than when they didn’t lift weights
- Weight training for men results in a 73% reduction for risk of type II Diabetes whereas cardio reduced the risk by only 58%
- Resistance exercise leads to a longer-lasting drop in blood pressure (as much as 20%) after exercise, compared to aerobic exercise
More Health and Fitness News & Tips at Greatist.
And if you’d like more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, make smarter food choices and lose weight, contact Calla Slimspa today!
We’ve helped thousands of local Orlando residents lose weight and keep it off with our medically supervised weight loss program. But don’t take our word, check out our real patient weight loss success stories.