When you have days that you need a delicious dinner recipe but don’t have a lot of time to put something together this is an ideal recipe. A super easy recipe packed full of lemon flavor and tons of delicious garlic. It’s a wonderful “fix and forget” recipe that is easy and pleases just about everyone.
Slow Cooker Lemon-Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fat-free chicken broth
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well and rub chicken breast with oregano mixture.
- Add olive oil to a large, nonstick skillet and start heating over medium heat. When hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Place chicken pieces in the slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken stock to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Pour the lemon juice mixture over chicken in the slow cooker and cover with lid.
- Cook on a low-heat setting for 4-5 hours. Add parsley and baste chicken.
- Cover with lid again and cook on high-heat for 15-30 minutes until tender.
Servings: 3 protein each, 3 oz of chicken