This Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Skillet is easy to make the meal-prep recipe for your busy days of the week. It’s super flavorful and loaded with veggies and protein. If you ever feel uninspired and don’t know what to do for dinner, this recipe will solve your problem. All that you need is just simple and easy ingredients.
Shrimp & Sausage Vegetable Skillet Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 21 medium raw shrimp (shelled)
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 smoked chicken sausage All Fresco or Publix brand
- 1 c red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c asparagus, sliced
- 1 c zucchini, diced
- 2 tbsp vegetable broth
- In a bowl, add shrimp, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and paprika. Mix everything well.
- In a cast-iron skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and saute for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook them and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the sliced sausage and cook for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, all the veggies and vegetable broth to cook for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally and cook for 5 minutes more or until the veggies are tender.
- Return shrimp back to the skillet and mix everything well to combine.
Entire recipe: 3 servings of 2 proteins, 1 veggie each serving