Looking for a refreshing take on salmon? Then you have to try this recipe for salmon that includes spicy kiwi salsa. Not only is this recipe packed with amazing nutrients, but it also tastes delicious. You can also use the spicy kiwi salsa for other recipes as it tastes great with chicken and steak as well.
Roasted Salmon With Spicy Kiwi Salsa Recipe
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 1/4 inch slice medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 hot red pepper (use 1/2 and no seeds for less heat)
- palm-full of fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lime (more to taste)
- 4 salmon filets – 3 oz. each
- 2 lemons – thinly sliced
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set oven or grill to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel the kiwi, trim ends and cut in small 1/4 inch dice. Add kiwi to bowl.
- Minced red pepper and add to the bowl, add chopped onion, cilantro, and lime juice. Toss well, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange the salmon filets on it. Tuck the lemon slices under the edges of the filets. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast or grill the fish for 20-25 minutes or until it flakes with a fork.
- Serve the salmon topped with a 1/2 cup of kiwi salsa.
The whole recipe makes: 4 servings of 3 proteins, 1 fruit