These days it’s hard to take the time to make a healthy breakfast each morning which is one of the reasons we love mini egg bakes. They are great for anyone who is rushing out the door and/or who loves to meal prep as you can store them in the fridge for up to a week. They only take a few seconds to heat up in the microwave and are easy to eat if you have a habit of eating in the car on your commute to work. These are also ideal for anyone who loves Starbucks Egg Bites but also wants to save money.
Mini Egg Bakes Recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 24 Thin round slices Hillshire Smoked Ham (from 8oz pkg)
- 1/3 C Low fat shredded / Fat-Free cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton Florentine or Southwest Egg Beaters
- Optional – diced veggies such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Line each muffin cup with 2 overlapping slices of ham with edge just above the rim of pan.
- Pour Egg Beaters evenly into ham cups. Top with cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for 2 minutes. Run a table knife around the edge of bakes to loosen.
- Serve warm or can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
SERVINGS: 1 mini egg bake = 1 protein