This tomato and chicken salad stack is the ultimate summer recipe with a stack of colorful tomato slices combined with rotisserie chicken, basil, parsley, Italian seasoning and crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese. It’s simple to make a salad that is sure to be a huge hit.
Tomato and Chicken Salad Stack Recipe
- 12-15 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley
- 4 medium red and yellow tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup deli chilled rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Slice basil; chop parsley and shallot.
- Cut tomatoes into ¼ in thick slices.
- Remove the meat of the chicken from the bones and chop coarsely.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, pepper, parsley, and shallots.
- Arrange salad on serving plates, alternating tomato slices, chicken, basil strips, and crumbled cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve chilled.
Entire Recipe: 16 protein, 4 Veg. Makes 4 servings=4p, 1V