Many people love teriyaki chicken but the sauce is so high in calories it becomes impossible for dieters to enjoy it. While this teriyaki sauce is made from scratch, it still tastes like the teriyaki sauce you know and loves. This teriyaki chicken recipe will quickly become a new favorite! Teriyaki chicken is a quick and easy dinner and tastes better than takeout. It’s seriously addictive. Not too sweet and not too salty – just right.
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken
- 4 – 4oz chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 tbsp garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 1 pkg Shiritaki orzo
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup green onions
- Put the soy sauce, water, Splenda, brown sugar, ginger, green onions, and garlic in a small pan and simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes or until reduced.
- Trim all the visible fat from the chicken breast then make small slits down the length of each piece.
- Use the smallest casserole dish you can and still fit the chicken in a single layer.
- Pour about 1/3 of the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil and bake 25 minutes or until chicken is starting to feel nearly firm to the touch.
- Remove foil and turn pieces over. Use a pastry brush to brush sauce all over the top side of chicken. Put back in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes more, brushing the sauce about every 5 minutes. Serve the juice and extra sauce over the top. Put back on the stove and simmer for a couple of minutes. Serve over shirataki orzo.
Servings: 4 protein per breast
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Oriental Grilled Chicken
- Healthy Shrimp Fried Rice
- Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Chicken and Zucchini Skillet
photo courtesy of cookingclassy.com