If you are a fan of green bean casserole then you have to try our “skinny” version of green bean casserole. It keeps all the delicious flavor while keeping it healthy. This is an ideal side dish for anyone trying to eat healthily and lose weight. It’s a great side dish that deserves to be on your table throughout the year.
Skinny Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 1 14-oz bag of frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1 8-oz package mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced dried onion
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed soy nuts
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 packet of 0 calorie sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Spray a large skillet. Saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms and place in a medium bowl.
- Add green beans to the mushrooms and onions. Let cool to room temperature before adding sauce mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cornstarch, salt, pepper, and sweetener together to make the sauce. Cover green bean mixture with sauce until thoroughly coated. Add to prepared baking dish. Combine dried onion, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup soy nuts. Sprinkle over green beans.
- Bake (uncovered) 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Entire recipe: 4 proteins, 8 vegetables.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Cornish Game Hens with Garlic and Rosemary
- Canadian Bacon, Asparagus and Cheese Frittata
- Greek Meatballs
- Pepper and Chicken Nachos