Delectably appetizing chicken and zucchini recipe that is sure to make your taste buds sizzle in delight. Simmered chicken and zucchini is a super easy, super flavorful, one-pan recipe everyone will love.
Healthy Simmered Chicken and Zucchini Recipe
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 4 – 4oz chicken breast, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick strips
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the cumin and fennel seeds and saute for 30 seconds, until popped and fragrant.
- Add the onion and cayenne and saute over medium-high heat until the onion is softened about 3 minutes. Add the chicken and saute until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini and tomatoes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the zucchini is tender about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper.
- Plate each chicken breast and split veggies into four separate servings.
Servings: 4 protein and 1 carbohydrate