This mouth-watering recipe is very light and easy to make Mexican flavored dish. This dish of flavorful seasoned perfectly browned shrimp tossed with a fresh tomato sauce and rich avocado brings classic Mexican flavors to the fore. If you are a shrimp-lover then you have to try this delicious recipe!
Seared Shrimp With Tomato, Lime and Avocado Recipe
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado- halved & diced in 1/2″ squares
- 2 scallions – Whites and greens separated & diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 canned Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – diced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
** Canned chipotle peppers can be found in the Ethic aisle
- Combine tomatoes, scallion whites, cilantro, garlic, chipotle and salt in a bowl. Set aisle.
- Combine shrimp, salt and pepper to taste in a separate bowl. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a 12 ” non-skillet over medium-high. Add half of the shrimp to pan in a single layer & cook for about 1 minute. Flip shrimp & cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp to a large plate. Repeat with the remaining 1 tbsp. oil and remaining shrimp.
- Return to skillet to medium-high heat. Add tomato mixture and lime juice. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp, cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with scallion greens and avocado.
Makes 4 servings total. Each serving=4 proteins & 1 vegetable