Trust us – you will love this alternative to Mexican or Spanish-style rice. It’s packed with flavor and a bit of spice. Honestly, your taste buds won’t even know it’s not rice. There’s a reason cauliflower is becoming so popular as a rice alternative. This recipe makes a great side dish or you can add chicken or beef to make it a main dish.
Mexican Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced red, yellow or green bell pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 can of RO-TEL (drained) or 4 oz. pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp Sofrito (Goya brand in a jar)
- 1 packet Sazon
- Reduced-fat shredded cheese
- On medium-high heat, coat pan with olive oil. Once heated, add diced onions, peppers, and frozen cauliflower. Cook approximately 10 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Turn down to medium heat and add a can of RO-TEL, Sofrito, a packet of Sazon, and minced garlic. Mix all ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Optional: top with reduced-fat shredded cheese (measure accordingly)
Entire recipe: 4 Vegetable