Mashed cauliflower or mashed cauliflower “potatoes” has become an instant hit! Not only is this a great alternative for holiday meals but it’s great just about anytime as it pairs great with chicken, turkey, pot roast and meatloaf. It’s so good you won’t even know it’s not the real thing. Plus, it’s extremely easy to make especially if you have a food processor as you can blend all the ingredients quickly and easily.
Mashed Cauliflower “Potatoes” Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 cup organic low sodium chicken or vegetable broth or Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 2 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp butter buds
- Boil cauliflower on medium-high heat with chicken broth and water until very soft (about 10-15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Drain cauliflower and return to pot. Mash well and stir in yogurt, cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and butter buds.
- The easiest way to mix all the ingredients is by using a food processor.
Measure and count as a vegetable serving. 1 cup = 1 vegetable serving
Birds Eye Mashed Cauliflower
If you are not a big fan of cooking, try Birds Eye Mashed Cauliflower which is available at Publix. We recommend adding some or all of the following to the original Mashed Cauliflower by Birds Eye to give it more flavor and make it creamier.
- Fat-free Greek yogurt
- Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- Low-fat cream cheese
- Butter buds or Ghee
- Garlic Salt
1 container equals just over 1 cup = 2 vegetable servings