Pretty much any recipe that starts with loaded tends to be amazing. And the same is true with our loaded zucchini recipe. It’s packed with delicious flavor as well as protein and nutrients. This makes a great meal by itself or you can pair it with other dishes or even use it as a flavorful appetizer.
Loaded Zucchini Healthy Recipe
- 2 medium zucchinis, stem ends removed
- 2/3 C. Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1 tsp. garlic, fresh or minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Badia fajita seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 C. Reduced-fat Cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut 1/4 inch off each zucchini end and slice zucchini lengthwise in half.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over the zucchini.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fajita seasoning, garlic, cilantro, and Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles.
- Grease cookie sheet and lay zucchini in a single row.
- Top zucchini halves with sausage mixture and 1/4 C. of cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes, top with remaining cheese and serve.
Servings: Entire recipe: 4 proteins & 2 veg. Makes 2 servings.