This recipe makes a quick, healthy, delicious and easy side dish with steamed broccoli tossed in olive oil, garlic, lemon, and fresh parmesan. Have kids who refuse to eat their vegetables? Then you have to try this recipe. They’ll never even realize they are eating broccoli. It’s also a quick, easy recipe if you’re only cooking for one. You can easily store it and reheat it the following day.
Lemon Parmesan Broccoli Recipe
- 6 cup raw broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp shaved low-fat parmesan cheese
- Arrange broccoli in a steamer. Steam 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-heat heat; add oil and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add oil mixture, rind, juice and salt to broccoli; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle broccoli mixture with cheese.
Measure and count as a vegetable serving.
Other Recipes You Might Like
photo courtesy of diethood.com