Everyone will love this lighter version of Jalapeno Poppers. It’s super easy to make, lighter on calories, but these stuffed jalapenos are packed with great flavor and crunch! These delicious spicy Jalapeño poppers with a healthy twist can be made a few days ahead of time and are also great reheated as leftovers. Did we mention that these make an excellent party appetizer!
Healthy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 3 slices of Turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 18 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in the microwave until crispy, let cool and crumble.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese, and green onions.
- Fill the seeded jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture. Place jalapenos on a foil-lined baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
**Make sure the jalapenos can lean on each other to stay upright.
Whole recipe = 10 protein, 2 vegetables