Fresh crab salad is a light, flavorful and extremely versatile recipe. It’s perfect for everything from a light luncheon to a picnic to a large tailgating event. It’s even a great recipe when you are entertaining. It only takes a few minutes to make but always disappears quickly.
Fresh Crab Salad Recipe
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt, plus to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Splenda
- 2 pinches of celery dry seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup celery, sliced very thinly
- 1 Tbsp. Fat-free mayo
- 12 oz. fresh lump crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Romaine lettuce ribs or endive leaves
- Ground pepper and paprika to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, water, salt, Splenda and celery seasoning.
- Add celery; the liquid should completely cover the celery. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes; then, in celery, reserving liquid.
- In a medium bowl, whisk mayo with 1 Tbsp. of celery liquid until thoroughly combined.
- Flake the crab meat into the dressing, add celery and chives, and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with pepper, salt, celery liquid, and paprika.
SERVINGS: Makes 4 servings. Each serving; 2 Protein, 1/2 Vegetable