A fast, easy and delicious weeknight supper that uses tangy feta to compliment the spinach and chicken flavors. Unlike most recipes for feta stuffed chicken, we don’t use breadcrumbs in our recipe which keeps it low-carb and healthy. This makes it ideal for anyone watching their carb intakes like those on the keto diet, anyone eating healthy and anyone trying to lose weight.
Healthy Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 c fresh spinach
- 2 c fresh green beans, steamed
- 4-4 oz boneless chicken breast, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz low-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 c fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp I can’t believe it’s not butter
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- cooking spray
- 1 c grape tomatoes, sliced
- Place each chicken breast half between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4 inch thickness; using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Spoon 1 tbsp cheese onto each piece of chicken; fold in half. Secure in place with a toothpick.
- Place folded breast halves in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle melted butter over chicken. Bake, uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Combine spinach, basil, and tomatoes in a bowl; drizzle with vinegar and oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salad; toss well. Serve chicken, salad and green beans. Divide equally between four plates.
Serving: 4 protein and 1 1/4 carbohydrates
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Beefy “Rice” Skillet
- Simmered Chicken and Zucchini
- Chicken Breast Diane
- Chicken Kabobs and Nectarine Salsa
photo courtesy of thatlowcarblife.com