This makes a tasty appetizer seasoned with thyme, oregano and savory. Juicy mushrooms stuffed with crab meat, cream cheese fillings and baked until melty. It makes a great appetizer for a family dinner, event, potluck or holiday meal. Best of all – they are super easy to prepare.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 3 C. white button mushrooms (about 12-15)
- 3 scallions sliced thin
- 1- 6 oz. can crab meat
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 C. grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. parmesan for topping
- Black pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain crabmeat; combine crab in a medium bowl with onion, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan, and sharp cheddar and mix well; chill in the refrigerator until you are ready to stuff mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean, dry and stem mushrooms. Scoop out and discard gills.
- Fill mushrooms with crabmeat mixture. Lightly brush caps with olive oil. Place caps on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
Entire Recipe: 8 proteins, 1 vegetable