Looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer? Bacon-wrapped shrimp – ridiculously good and seasoned with lime and chipotle powder. This flavor-packed shrimp is a great addition to any outdoor event or weeknight meal. Seriously, this one is really easy and crazy good. Bacon and shrimp make a very happy couple.
Healthy Chipotle Lime Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
- 12 large, raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 strips turkey bacon, cut in half
- skewers (for grilling) or toothpicks (for the oven)
- zest and 2 tbsp of juice from one lime
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder (or more to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix together in a small bowl all marinade ingredients, place all shrimp in the mixture making sure each piece is well coated.
- Prepare grill on high, direct heat (if grilling) or preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wrap a half piece of bacon around each shrimp.
- If grilling, thread each shrimp on skewers if using oven, secure bacon on shrimp with toothpicks and place on a slotted baking pan lined with foil.
- Brush shrimp with remaining marinade then grill uncovered for 5-7 minutes on each side or bake 10-14 minutes until shrimp is pink and bacon is crisp.
Servings: makes 12 pieces, weigh each for a needed protein serving size
Other Recipes You May Like
- Blackened Tuna Salad
- Baked Tilapia with Onions, Peppers, and Feta
- Swordfish with Fresh Tomato Salad
- Salmon Stuffed Zucchini
photo courtesy of simplerecipes.com and Elise Bauer