If you are trying to lose weight or just eat healthy then try this healthy alternative to chicken fried rice made with Konjac Shirataki orzo noodles or riced cauliflower. It’s absolutely delicious! The Konjac orzo looks very similar to grains of rice and is zero net carbs, zero calories, and pure soluble fiber. Konjac pasta was made by nature soluble fiber – Konjac glucomannan (KGM) and water, is very low carb and very low glycemic nature food, Konjac pasta can be made into many different styles and shapes such as noodles, all kinds pasta.
This recipe is great with either the Konjac orzo or riced cauliflower. Both result in a delicious alternative to traditional chicken fried rice.
Healthy Chicken Fried Rice
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 2 green onions
- 1 pkg orzo Konjac noodles or 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 c fresh veggies (mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, zucchini)
- Before getting started, slice your chicken into thin strips. Chop all vegetables and green onions. You can use one vegetable or use a combination of several different kinds.
- Heat a large skillet for a few minutes over medium heat before spraying with a non-stick spray.
- Beat eggs together in a bowl and add to skillet. Stir often, cooking the eggs until well scrambled. Remove eggs and set aside.
- Add the oil to the skillet and cook chicken breast for approximately 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the vegetables to the skillet and stir fry for 3-5 minutes. Add soy sauce, orzo / riced cauliflower, chicken, eggs and garlic powder and continue to stir fry for several more minutes. Divide into 2 servings.
Servings: protein 4 and carbohydrate 1.