These skewers are a delicious combination of tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, olive oil and balsamic. They make for a delicious appetizer that is easy to make and impressive. Modeled after the famous Caprese salad, the primary components of these skewers is a handful of fresh basil, grape or cherry tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella. Once you try these you’ll be sure to add them to your recipe repertoire for every event.
Caprese Skewer Recipe
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh buffalo mozzarella (made into balls)
- sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Thread ingredients onto skewers in this order: cherry tomato, fresh basil leaf, fresh buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil leaf, cherry tomato.
- Sprinkle skewer with balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Skewers = 1/2 protein serving and 1/4 vegetable.
Other Recipes You Might Like
recipe modified from and photo courtesy of the recipe critic