This low-carb, healthy frittata includes both bacon and cheese which makes for an amazingly delicious recipe. Frittatas make for the perfect brunch meal and with bacon in it, you can’t go room. This is one recipe you’re guests are sure to love.
Healthy Canadian Bacon, Asparagus and Cheese Frittata Recipe
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond breeze milk
- 4 tbsp low-fat grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz asparagus stalks cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 2 oz Canadian bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Whisk the eggs, 3 tbsp of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the filling easily.
- Cover and cook until the bottom sets but does not get brown for about 9 minutes.
- Remove the cover; scatter the remaining cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute.
- Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding.
Serving: Protein 9 and 1/4 carbohydrate
Other Recipes You May Like
- Beef Burger with Feta and Tomato
- Beefy Rice Skillet
- Healthy Sausage Spaghetti
- Ginger Sriracha Turkey Wraps
recipe modified from and photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com