Tender, browned Brussels sprouts are a fabulous side to any hearty meal. It’s a 5-star dish that is ideal for holiday meals and weekend dinner parties alike. These are absolutely delicious so ignore your inner child screaming “Nooo!” and give these little cuties a chance.
Brussels Sprouts With Crisp Prosciutto Recipe
- 3 cups trimmed halved Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp spray butter (0 calories)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Cook brussels sprout in boiling water for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; add prosciutto. Cook 6 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add brussels sprouts; saute 3 minutes or until light. Pepper, add spray butter.
- Remove from the heat, drizzle with juice. Add prosciutto; toss to combine.
Measure 1/2 cup = count as 1 vegetable serving.
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Salmon in Lemon Bordetto with Edamame Puree
- 20 Minute Asian Style Soup
- Tomato and Chicken Salad Stack
- Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts
photo by Randy Mayor and myrecipes.com