This tasty and easy way to cook fish is low-carb, low-glycemic and gluten-free. This is an amazingly simple meal that’s impressive enough for dinner guests.
Healthy Baked Tilapia with Onions, Peppers and Feta Recipe
- 3 – 4 oz tilapia fillets (for best results, use fish that is uniformly thick)
- 1/2 c finely diced red pepper
- 1/4 c finely diced red onion
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 c crumbled low-fat feta
- 2 tbsp Fage 0% Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a small glass or ceramic casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Heat olive oil in the non-stick frying pan and saute red pepper and onion about 3 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Put fish in casserole dish and season with salt and pepper. Spread a small amount of yogurt evenly over the surface of each piece of fish.
- Stir feta into red pepper and onion mixture and spread evenly over the top of fish (pile it on so all the mixture is used. It doesn’t matter if some falls of while it’s cooking).
- Bake, until fish is opaque and white throughout and topping, is barely starting to brown. 10-15 minutes. The yogurt and the topping will keep the fish moist. Serve hot.
Servings: protein 4 1/2 and carbohydrate 1/4 per fish.