If you are a fan of oopsie rolls and apples then you will absolutely love this recipe for oopsie apple cake. It’s easy to make and will really hit the spot if you are craving something sweet.
Healthy Oopsie Apple Cake Dessert Recipe
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 8 packets of Splenda
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry. (The egg whites should look/feel like meringue)
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, cream cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla with the yolks
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg mixture 1/3 at a time into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Spoon the mixture on the sheet into 2-6 inch circles.
- Bake about 35 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes then move to a rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Place cut up an apple on a plate
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and Splenda
- Microwave 1 1/2 – 2 minutes
- After cooled, you can arrange a thin layer of apples on the oopsie cake. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and Splenda if desired.
- Top with fat-free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip Free
Entire recipe: 6 proteins and 1 fruit