While this recipe sounds extra fancy, the other thing that is fancy about it is how good it tastes – the sauce is melt in your mouth good. All the magic happens in one pan, which translates to making this easy chicken dish any night of the week. And it only takes about 25 minutes to make.
Chicken With a Lemon Herb Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
Lemon Herb Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 c chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 c extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the skillet.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Place all 4 breasts in the skillet without disturbing until brown and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken breast and cook 1 minute; then transfer the skillet to the oven until chicken temperature registers 165 degrees F – about 6-8 minutes more. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- For the sauce: smash garlic and sprinkle with salt and make a coarse paste. Transfer to a blender with the mint, parsley, black pepper, lemon zest, and juice. Pulse until coarsely chopped and then slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pour into a small bowl and adjust seasoning. Pour over chicken and serve.
Servings: 3 proteins each; 3 ounces of chicken