Consider this the “skinny” version of chicken cordon bleu. It’s not breaded or fried and you can get it on the table in less than 30 minutes. This healthier Chicken Cordon Bleu tastes just as great as the fried version — maybe better!
Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- One 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to 1/4″ thick
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese
- 1 oz (2 slices) low-fat deli ham
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
- Spread a thin layer of cheese over chicken.
- Place the ham slices on top of the cheese.
- Starting at any side, tightly roll up the chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cover with foil & bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking, uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and enjoy.
Entire recipe= 6 protein servings
(Can be cut in half to make two 3-protein serving meals)