If you’re a patient at Calla Slimspa, you’ve probably heard of the famous Oopsie Rolls, also known as gluten-free buns. Well, now you can make your own. For some, these have proved a bit tricky to make so if you have questions consult the “Calla Chef” Linda on your next visit. And, if you’ve created your own tasty Oopsie Roll flavor, share your recipe in the comments section. Calla Oopsie Rolls were adapted from the Gluten-Free, Low Carb Buns on Your Lighter Side.
Oopsie rolls have continued to be a patient favorite over the years and we hope you enjoy them. If you create your own unique spin on oopsie rolls please share with us!
Calla Oopsie Rolls Recipe
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 1 packet of Splenda (1 packet = about 1/4 tsp)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese (cold)
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate the eggs – yolks from white.
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry (egg whites should look and feel like meringue or are stiff enough to form a “mountain peak” without toppling over).
- In a separate bowl, mix the Splenda, salt and cream cheese with the yolks. **optional: add desired flavor(s) to the yolk mixture.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture do 1/3 at a time into the white mixture. Do with care so you do not break down the whites.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper. Spoon the mixture on the sheet. Make 6 small rounds then partially flatten each mound.
- Bake for 35 minutes (you want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool.
- Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise, they might be too moist). Maybe refrigerated or frozen.
Nutritional Info. for Calla Oopsie Rolls: Fat: 0g | Carbohydrates: 1.5g | Calories: 60 | Protein: 6.6g
1 Oopsie Roll = 1 serving of protein
Cinnamon Sugar Oopsie Rolls
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 6 packets of Splenda or about 1 1/2 tsp (total)
Italian Rosemary “Bread” Oopsie Rolls
- 1 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Strawberry Oopsie Rolls
- Add sugar-free strawberry Jell-O to mix
- Top with sugar-free whipped cream and strawberries
- Toast and use sliced oopsie rolls as panini bread or whole for mini pizza crusts.
- Bake oopsie rolls in jellyroll pan to make a focaccia type of bread.
- Dip oopsie rolls in the egg mixture (egg, water, cinnamon) and cook as french toast.
- Use dry/stale oopsie rolls for stuffing.
- Add 1 small box of strawberry sugar-free Jell-o. 1 tsp vanilla and 1 packet of Splenda.
The possibilities are endless. Add your own desired spice/herb to the regular Oopsie Roll Recipe. Share your oopsie roll flavors with us in the comments section.