This Avocado Tuna Salad has a simple and surprising combination of ingredients but it just works! This tuna salad can be served on the side with dinner or as a very satisfying lunch because it comes together quickly and is loaded with protein. This super easy to make salad is healthy, light and refreshing and is great for a keto or low-carb diet. No mayo needed. The lemon juice and cilantro give it incredible fresh flavor – this may just become your new favorite tuna salad.
Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
- 12 oz. can of tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 3 small Hass avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad, bowl, combine sliced cucumber, cubed avocado, thinly sliced red onion, drained tuna, and 1/4 c cilantro.
- Drizzle salad ingredients with 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine all ingredients and serve.
Makes 6 servings: 2 proteins, 1 veggie each