Eggplant Pizza Bites | Healthy Recipe
There’s no need to give up pizza now when you’re eating healthy or trying to lose weight. Between keto pizza to cauliflower crust pizza to eggplant pizza bites, there are plenty of healthy pizza options now.
Eggplant Pizza Bites Recipes
- 1 large eggplant – cut into 10 round slices
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Del Grosso marinara / pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 12 slices turkey pepperoni cut into 1/4 pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup finely sliced basil
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high. Brush both sides of the eggplat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant until tender and slightly charred on both sides – 3-4 minutes per side.
- Top each round with marinara, mozzarella, and pepperoni. Keep the eggplants on the grill to allow the cheese to melt – about 30 seconds more.
- Remove eggplant from grill and top with parmesan and basil then serve.
Entire recipe: 2 servings; 2 proteins, 2 veggies