Cabbage Steaks with Bacon, Lemon and Garlic Recipe
This recipe makes cabbage look good! Plus it has bacon on it and who isn’t a fan of bacon (ok, maybe vegetarians and vegans). But this is a great recipe for vegans and vegetarians if you remove the bacon from the list of ingredients or replace it with vegan bacon.
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 head of cabbage (cut in 3/4 inch thick slices x 6)
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- . Cook turkey bacon until crispy, remove bacon and set aside to use later.
Add the minced garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant and let cool.
- In a large zip lock bag, combine the olive oil, lemon, salt, black pepper and sautéed garlic into the plastic bag. Seal and mix well to form the marinade.
- Add the sliced cabbage steaks to the marinade bag. Coat well. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill at medium heat, if using the oven preheat to 425° F.
- Grill cabbage steaks for about 4-8 minutes on each side, until tender and crispy on the edges.
- If using the oven line a baking sheet with foil and arrange the cabbage steaks in a single layer, roast for 30-35 minutes, until tender and crispy on the edges.
- To serve, top with chopped bacon (1 bacon per steak) and parsley for garnish.
Servings: 3 steaks = 1 protein