Tender steak rolls filled with zesty vegetables and drizzled with a glaze that is simply out-of-this-world delicious. It’s a great dish that is low cal, low carb, low fat and tastes incredible.
Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls
- 1 lb thinly sliced steak (approximately 6 steaks) sirloin or round
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- A few button or cremini mushrooms, cut into thin strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground cracked pepper
- Fresh rosemary, chopped
ROSEMARY BALSAMIC GLAZE
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Holland house cooking wine
- 2 tsp Splenda brown sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
SPLENDA BROWN SUGAR
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1/8 cup sugar-free maple syrup
*pour ingredients into small mixing bowl & mix well. let sit to reduce
- Rub each side of the steak slices with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper and some chopped fresh rosemary.
- Heat one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the vegetables until crisp-tender, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place a few of the vegetable strips vertically on one end of each steak cutlet so that once rolled up the end of the vegetables are sticking out of each end of the roll.
- Roll it up, and secure it with a toothpick. Repeat for each steak roll.
- Prepare rosemary balsamic glaze.
- Grill on each side for about 2 minutes or desired doneness. Do the same if cooking them in a skillet, frying over medium-high heat until done.
- Serve immediately drizzled with the glaze.
Makes 6 rolls. Each roll= 3 Protein and 1 Vegetable