Looking for a new dip to try out then make sure you check out this Taco Salad Dip. It’s healthy, great for people trying to lose weight and tastes absolutely delicious. If you are a fan of tacos then there is absolutely not to give this recipe a test drive!
Taco Salad Dip Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 – 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 cup 1% or 2% cottage cheese
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 package taco seasoning packet
- 1 cup salsa (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain with a paper towel if there is excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine packet of taco seasoning with ¼ cup water. Once the beef is fully cooked, stir the seasoning mix into the beef and remove from heat to cool down.
- In a food processor, blend 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 package cream cheese and 1 cup salsa until well combined and smooth.
- Spread beef into the bottom of a 9×13’ glass baking pan. Top the meat with the blended cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with finely grated cheese. Top with sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, and avocado. If you aren’t serving right away, you might squeeze some lime juice over your avocado to keep it from browning, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add chopped Cilantro for garnish (optional)
Serve with pepper slices or avocado crisps.
Entire recipe: 31 Protein 3 Vegetable
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Pepperoni Chips and Chipotle Dip
- Mini Pizza Meatloaves
- Baja Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- Avocado Crisps
photo courtesy of Natasha’s Kitchen – delicious, trusted recipes.