This pork roast makes a stunning presentation, tastes delicious and is a great recipe when entertaining. Stuffing a pork loin is a fun way to turn a relatively inexpensive cut of meat into something truly elegant. If you’re looking for a change from the traditional holiday main dish, this Herb Stuffed Pork Loin is definitely a winner. Rubbed with fresh herbs and stuffed with your favorite stuffing, this pork loin recipe is so flavorful, your family request it regularly.
Herb Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3lbs)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chives, minced
- 4 tsp. rubbed sage
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 3/4 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °. Start about a third in from one side, make a length-wise slit down the roast within ½ inch of bottom. Turn roast over and make another slit, starting from opposite side. Open roast so I lays flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to ¾ in. thickness; remove plastic wrap.
- Combine mustard and garlic; rub 2/3 of mixture over roast. Combine chives, sage, thyme, rosemary and ¾ tsp. pepper and ½ tsp. salt. Sprinkle 2/3 of herb mixture over roast. Roll up jelly-style, starting with long side; tie with kitchen string. Rub oil over roast; sprinkle with reaming salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove and brush remaining mixture over roast.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer until thermometer reads 160°.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Servings: 1 oz. pork = 1 protein
Other Recipes You Might Like
photo courtesy of tasteofhome.com