- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 1 C cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado- halved & diced in 1/2″ squares
- 2 scallions – Whites and greens separated & diced
- 1/4 C cilantro-finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 2 canned Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce – diced
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
** Canned chipotle peppers can be found in the Ethic aisle
1. Combine tomatoes, scallion whites, cilantro, garlic, chipotle & salt in bowl. Set aisle.
2. Combine shrimp, salt and pepper to taste in separate bowl. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a 12 ” non-skillet over medium high. Add half of the shrimp to pan in a single layer & cook for about 1 minute. Flip shrimp & cook for another 30 seconds. Transfer shrimp to a large plate. Repeat with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil and remaining shrimp.
3. Return to skillet to medium high heat. Add tomato mixture and lime juice. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in shrimp, cook for another minute.
4. Transfer to platter & sprinkle with scallion greens and avocado.
Makes 4 servings total. Each serving=4 proteins & 1 vegetable
Follow us on Facebook to get updated on our latest recipes.