If you are a fan of chili then you will absolutely love this recipe for healthy taco soup. It tastes very similar to chilil but it’s loaded with taco ingredients. This easy taco soup recipe is so hearty and filling, and thanks to all the beef or chicken it’s loaded with protein.
Healthy Taco Soup Recipe
- 24 oz. lean ground beef or chicken
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 6 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packet (4 tbsp.) low sodium taco seasoning
- 4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
** Can top with a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese or chopped cilantro
- Brown meat in large pot. Drain excess grease and set aside meat.
- Add onions, bell pepper and zucchini to pot and sauté for about 5-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add meat and the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on medium-low for about 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
Entire Recipe: 24 proteins, 8 vegetables.
Makes 8 servings=3P, 1 V each
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Low-carb Sausage Spaghetti
- Eggplant Pizza Bites
- Crockpot Christmas Morning Casserole
- 20 Minute Asian Style Soup
recipe modified from and photo courtesy of spendwithpennies.com