- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/2″ round sliced and sliced down the middle
- 2 C. tomatoes, diced or 2 cans diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 C. onion, diced
- 1 C. reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Bunch of fresh Basil, shredded
- A sprinkle of parmesan cheese or crushed red pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the sliced eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
- While the eggplant is “sweating”, heat a medium skillet with oil and cook onion and diced tomatoes with a few sprigs of shredded basil. Reduce heat to a simmer and let sit.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a baking sheet with oil and line the eggplant. Lightly brush the eggplant with oil. Bake for 20-25 min, turning twice.
- Spray the square baking pan with PAM, layer sauce, eggplant, cheese, sauce, eggplant, cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and basil to taste. Enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings: 10 Vegetables, 4 protein
Follow us on Facebook to get updated on our latest recipes.