Your weight can affect a lot of things in relation to your health. As your weight increases, so does your risk for a lot of health issues and concerns.
Below are some health issues that your weight affects.
- High Blood Pressure – 50% of cases due to overweight or obese
- Diabetes – overweight increases risk of developing diabetes by 80%
- Cancer – overweight & obese are 50% more likely to develop cancer
- Metabolic Syndrome – overweight makes it 6 times more likely to develop metabolic syndrome. It now affects 25% of the population.
- Joint Problems – being only 10 pounds overweight increases the force on the knees by 30 to 60 pounds per step.
- Sleep Apnea – 70% that have this condition are overweight. It now affects around 18 million Americans.
- High Cholesterol – estimates show that 10 pounds of excess fat produce 10 mg of cholesterol daily.
- Premature Death – obese people are twice as likely to die early than people of normal weight.
And if you’d like more information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, make smarter food choices and lose weight, contact Calla Slimspa today!
We’ve helped thousands of local Orlando residents lose weight and keep it off with our medically supervised weight loss program . But don’t take our word, check out our real patient weight loss success stories .