- 1 14-oz bag of frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1 8-oz package mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced dried onion
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed soy nuts
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 packet of 0 calorie sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Spray a large skillet. Saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms and place in a medium bowl.
- Add green beans to the mushrooms and onions. Let cool to room temperature before adding sauce mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, cornstarch, salt, pepper and sweetener together to make the sauce. Cover green bean mixture with sauce until thoroughly coated. Add to prepared baking dish. Combine dried onion, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup soy nuts. Sprinkle over green beans.
- Bake (uncovered) 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Entire recipe: 4 proteins, 8 vegetables.