- 3 large eggs
- 4 packets of Splenda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry. (The egg whites should look/feel like meringue)
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, salt, vanilla and cream cheese with the yolks.
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture 1/3 at a time into the white mixture being careful not to break down the whites.
- Warm the waffle iron. When ready, pour the batter on the iron and cook until light changes. Should be thin and light when done.
- Remove to a rack and allow to cool completely. Store loosely in a bread sack/Ziploc bag. May be refrigerated or frozen.
**Use with warm fruit or strawberries and cool whip!**
Servings: makes 4 crepes. 1 crepe = 1.5 protein