Crepes are one of the best pastries out there and ususally one of the delicious delectables that are given up when trying to eat healthy or lose weight. But there’s no reason you can’t enjoy crepes when you’re trying to lose weight or eat healthy. Not with this recipe for oopsie roll crepes. Our oopsie roll recipes are very similar to keto cloud bread recipes. And if you don’t want plain crepes fill with yummy fillings like fat-free whipped cream, strawberries, raspberries or Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Syrup.
Calla Oopsie Roll Crepes Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 4 packets of Splenda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry. (The egg whites should look/feel like meringue)
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, salt, vanilla and cream cheese with the yolks.
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture 1/3 at a time into the white mixture being careful not to break down the whites.
- Warm the waffle iron. When ready, pour the batter on the iron and cook until light changes. Should be thin and light when done.
- Remove to a rack and allow to cool completely. Store loosely in a bread sack/Ziploc bag. May be refrigerated or frozen.
Servings: makes 4 crepes. 1 crepe = 1.5 protein