- 3 large eggs, separated
- 8 packets of Splenda
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese
- dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar
- 1 fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry. (The egg whites should look/feel like meringue)
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda, cream cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla with the yolks
- Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg mixture 1/3 at a time into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spoon the mixture on the sheet into 2-6 inch circules.
- Bake about 35 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes then move to a rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Place cut up apple on plate
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda
- Microwave 1 1/2 – 2 minutes
- After cooled, you can arrange a thin layer of apples on oopsie cake. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and splenda if desired.
- Top with fat-free Cool Whip or Redi-Whip Free
Entire recipe: 6 proteins and 1 fruit