Lemon and edamame really do an excellent job bringing out the flavors of this salmon dish. This healthy recipe makes for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. If you are a fan of salmon, then this is a must try!
Salmon in Lemon Bordetto with Edamame Puree Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4 oz pieces of salmon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Warm olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until tender, about 7 minutes. Add the lemon juice, zest and broth. Bring to a simmer and keep warm, over low heat.
- Combine the edamame, mint, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and puree. With the machine, add olive oil in a steady drizzle. Transfer the puree to a small bowl, stir in the parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Warm olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Sear salmon until golden crust forms, about 4-5 minutes on the first side. Flip the fish and continue cooking until medium-rare, about 2 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- To assemble, add the tbs of chopped mint to the Lemon Bordetto and divide between 4 shallow dishes. Place a spoonful of edamame puree into the center of each bowl. Place a salmon piece atop each mound.
Entire recipe: 20 protein; makes 4 servings = 5 protein each
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Seared Shrimp with Tomato, Lime and Avocado
- Shrimp and Scallop Scampi
- Salmon and Red Pepper Pesto
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com – giada de laurentiis