If you want a turkey that is packed with flavor then this is the right recipe for you. This not only makes a delicious for Thanksgiving, it makes a deliciously flavored turkey for any family event or dinner.
Oven Roasted Rosemary Turkey Recipe
- 1 (12 lb) whole turkey
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat over to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Wash the turkey inside and out; pat dry. Remove large fat deposits. Loosen the skin from the breast. Do not tear skin.
- Using your hand, spread generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin. Rub remainder of the mixture over the outside of the breast. Use toothpicks to seal skin.
- Place turkey on rack in roasting pan. Add 1/4 inch of water to bottom of pan.
- Cook for 3-4 hours, until bird reaches 180 degrees.
Servings: 1 oz turkey = 1 protein