- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 lbs)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chives, minced
- 4 tsp rubbed sage
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3/4 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Start about a third in from one side, make a length-wise slit down the roast within 1/2 inch of bottom. Turn roast over and make another slit, starting from opposite side. Open roast so it lays flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4 inch thickness, remove plastic wrap.
- Combine mustard and garlic; rub 2/3 of mixture over roast. Combine chives, sage, thyme, rosemary and 3/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt. Sprinkle 2/3 of herb mixture over roast. Roll up jelly-style starting wtih long side; tie with kitchen string. Rub oil over roast; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove and brush remaining mixture of roast. Bake 20-25 minutes longer until thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Servings: 1 oz pork = 1 protein