- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bone-in rib roast (4 lbs)
- 2 1/2 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp 0% spray butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until freshly chopped. Add oil, pepper, and salt; cover and process until blended. Rub over roast. Place on a rack in roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered 1 3/4 – 2 1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired tenderness (medum rare – 145 degrees; medium 160 degrees; well-done 170 degrees)
- Remove and place on platter. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil until reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat and stir in butter and salt.
Servings: 1 oz of beef = 1 protein