- 4 Cornish game hens
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary (garnish)
- 24 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine (Holland House)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rub hens with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper. Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen. Roast in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, broth, and remaining 2 lbs of olive oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer or until hens are golden brown and juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Transfer hens to platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency – about 6 minutes. Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens. Garnish wtih rosemary sprigs and serve.
**Measure protein servings accordingly**