An easy, guilt-free recipe that puts a twist on the classic Sweet and Sour Chicken. This healthy sweet and sour chicken is so crispy and perfectly sweet and sour but sugar-free and healthy. It’s no secret that traditional sweet and sour chicken recipes are filled with added sugar, fried chicken and very few veggies, so we set out to add a healthy twist to this dish.
Healthy Sweet and Sour Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cup red and yellow pepper and green onion combo – thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 3 Tbsp. Dickinson’s or Smucker’s Sugar Free Splenda Apricot Preserves
- Salt and Pepper & Garlic salt Everglades Seasoning to taste
OPTIONAL: Konjac Orzo
- In a medium sized saute pan, add 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and vegetables. Cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add reamining 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and chicken tenders. Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt and everglades to taste.
- Cook tenders until golden brown (approx. 15 minutes).
- Add 3 Tbsp of preserve to pan. Toss to coat tenders well.
- Return veggies to pan and saute an additional 5-7 minutes to thicken.
Optional to add konjac orzo to saute pan while thickening.
Servings: 4 servings total. Each serving 3.5 protein & 1/2 carb